Sunday 17 October 2010

To Exist for a Moment Within a Moment of Existence

To bring your pure attention to a single moment in time is a wonderful art. It is something I have been working with for an age. I find the moment can vary from admiring a sunset  or starlit sky to a piece of work or moment in creation.

A cluttered mind is an easy thing to accept. All you need to do is turn on the television or radio and you are continually bombarded with marketing and catchy images, jingles and tunes designed to burrow into your subconscious. Ridding yourself of clutter & distraction within your mind is not as easy as it seems. It can take an magnificent sight or the internal sounds of a song close to your heart to bring your mind to focus.

For me, unleashing an arrow is a fine meditative art, it allows me to focus on on moment in time, a very specific point not only in my own existence but also that of the bowyer, the fletcher and the power and state of the elements. To bring this focus to the tasks in my own life and career is something I aspire to and I find I am delighted with what can be achieved with a meditative state of creation or objective.

To search and focus on excellence is a rare and often misunderstood thing.

2 comments:

  1. The Moon
    shines
    on a cat

    Meow

    As a native Swede, I am particularly proud of my love poetry suite Sonnets for Katie.

    My Poems

    My wallpaper art Babes!

    Sexuality introduces Death to Being; and indeed Life simultaneously. This is the profound Myth of the Eden. The work of the Serpent. Bringing us out of "blessed" Standstill. So, in contrast to the mindless pietism of vulgar Christianity, my personal "Christo-Satanism" should be given serious thought by the Enlightened Few, the Pneumatics, the 1% Outlaws. The Light Bringer must be rehabilitated, beacause if not, the All of it simply doesn't make sense: true Catholicism is necessarily Meta Catholicism.
    ...
    You can NOT enter black hole. It's impossible. This follows immediately from general relativity theory. Proof: for an object moving let' say (along a straight line) towards a black hole, for any arbitrarily chosen distance it has laid behind itself, the reaining distance is ifinite. CHALLENGE! To all physicists,cosmologists and mathematicians of theworld: disprove THIS if you can. I think not. (Even Stephen Hawking failed tho see the obvious!)you can. I think not. (Even Stephen Hawking failed to see the obvious!)

    My philosophy

    LE FRUIT DU CIEL

    Un orage nocturne illmuna maintenant l'Amazonie, franchis les Andes, envoya des jeux de cartes gigantesques et frappantes en bas à la Pampa –

    Puis: petit déjeuner à melon; café fumant!

    À la bague du cigare tu lis, étonné: GÉOGRAPHIE.

    My poetry in French:

    Poétudes

    Schwarzes Birne!
    Aufforderung zur Erotik.

    My poetry in German:

    Fremde Gedichte

    And, finally, I practise I Ching divination:

    ? I CHING !

    And: reciprocity: for mutual benefit, you will do me a favor promoting your own blog on mine!

    The best way to do it is lining up as a Follower, since then your icon will advertise you indefinitely, and I will follow you in return. Let's forge a mighty alliance of synergy and common interest.

    Yours,

    - Peter Ingestad, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to visit Peter, I will put time aside to read your poetry (unfortunately I don't speak Swedish so I will have to keep to your English poems).

    regards

    Owl

    ReplyDelete